[open-government] [euopendata] Idea: screen scraping sprint

aidan mcguire aidan at scraperwiki.com
Fri Oct 1 16:10:29 UTC 2010

Hi Anita, Jonathan,

If you are planing on doing something in this area then we would very
definitely like to help if its useful

We did some examples gathering elected members information for two
countries Ireland & UK and wanted to make a worldwide dataset so your
idea is timely.

Ireland - http://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/seanad-members-of-the-30th-
house/
UK - http://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/mp-contact-details-from-
parliamentuk/

Aidan

On 1 Oct 2010, at 17:04, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> Great idea, Antti!
>
> Sounds like something that the OKF would be very interested in
> supporting. Also we should *definitely* talk to Scraper Wiki about
> this!
>
> Aine, Aidan, Julian: what do you think? ;-)
>
> (Also cc'ing international open government data list…)
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Antti Poikola
> <antti.poikola at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Hi people,
>>
>> I just got an idea that we could organize maybe even global screen
>> scraping
>> day/camp/sprint with the idea to create open API:s to government
>> data by
>> programming screen scrapers to existing public, but technically
>> not open
>> data sources?
>>
>> So far just a vague idea... anybody interested to brainstorm it
>> further?
>>
>> -Jogi

> Jonathan Gray
>
> Community Coordinator