[open-government] Open Government Licence launched today

Pearce, Matthew Matthew.Pearce at nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk
Mon Oct 4 14:13:50 UTC 2010

Tim

Thanks for your question.  You’re right that we have tried to avoid hardwiring ‘the Crown’ too deeply within the licence.  This is in large part because Crown copyright applies to material created by central government, while it was our mandate to find a licensing solution able to accommodate the whole range of public sector organisations: whether executive agencies, local authorities, limited companies etc.  So it’s probably a good sign for us that you didn’t find it too Crown centric.

Best regards

Matthew Pearce
Standards Adviser

The National Archives