[open-government] Economic Benefits of Open-Data - Presentation Ideas for City of Montreal

Jose M. Alonso josema.alonso at fundacionctic.org
Thu Oct 28 06:16:49 UTC 2010

El 28/10/2010, a las 7:51, Ton Zijlstra escribió:
> hi Jonathan,
> do you have a source for the first item, the danish figures?

In fact, I'd appreciate if you could provide sources for all of those
or someone could point me to them since they would be very useful to
me. I'm quite (too) often involved in ROI discussions and people
usually asks for figures.

Thanks in advance,
Jose.

> I will dig up a figure of the Spanish cadastral office, and the
> savings for citizens and themselves they calculated.
>
> best,
> Ton Zijlstra
>
> On Thursday, October 28, 2010, Jonathan Brun
> <jbrun at jonathanbrun.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am scheduled to speak for 30 minutes on the economic benefits of
>> open-data at the TechnoMontreal conference on November 9th in
>> Montreal. Below is what I have so far, feel free to add comments or
>> ideas. Ignore typos please.
>> L'ouverture des données du gouvernement danois (couts: 14 millions,
>> bénéfices 62 millions (euros))
>> •	Partage des informations entre les municipalités de la Catalogne
>> (couts: 21.5 Millions, bénéfices : 14 millions (euros))
>> •	Les données météorologiques américaine supporte une industrie de
>> plus de 1.5 milliards de dollars.
>> •	Concours d'applications qui utilisent les données ouvertes à
>> Washington D.C. (couts : 50 000$, bénéfices : 2 000 000 (dollars US))
>> •	Site web sur la transparence en Californie (couts : 61 000,
>> bénéfices : 20 000 000 ) et au Texas (bénéfices : 5 000 000).
>> (dollars US)
>> •	L'accès aux informations géospatial en Angleterre et au Pays de
>> Galles a augmenté le PIB de presque 320 millions de livres Sterling
>> en 2008-2009.
>> - Entreprises qui permet au citoyens américains de comparer les
>> différents programmes de retraites gouvernementales grâce au
>> portail data.gov - revenues 100k - 3 millions et 10 millions.
>> Developpement du talent à Montréal. Les grandes entreprises de la
>> Californie prennent de l'avancent et accumule des expériences, du
>> talent et de la technologie. Le plus longtemps qu'on attend le plus
>> difficile ca sera de ratraper.

> Interdependent Thoughts
> Ton Zijlstra
>
> ton at tonzijlstra.eu
> +31-6-34489360
>
> http://zylstra.org/blog

Jose M. Alonso
Manager, eGovernment and Open Data, CTIC
co-Chair, eGovernment Interest Group, W3C
Senior Advisor, W3C Spain
Parque Científico-Tecnológico
C/ Ada Byron, 39
33203 - Gijón, Asturias, Spain
tel.: +34 984390616; +34 984291212; fax: +34 984390612
email: josema.alonso at fundacionctic.org
twitter: @josemalonso
http://datos.fundacionctic.org
http://www.w3.org/eGov/