[open-government] [euopendata] Open Data Manual: updates and next steps

Daniela B. Silva daniela at esfera.mobi
Wed Apr 13 15:47:12 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!

Just some days before this thread started, we finished translating the open
data manual to brazilian Portuguese \o/

We made some changes to adapt the content to the brazilian reality
(specially talking about licenses and access to information laws – we still
don't have one, btw, but a bill is being discussed on the Senate today). We
also added some info on brazilian projects made over open (or scraped) gov
data, and tried to summarize our experience on organizing hackdays and
engaging communities.

I am sending you a PDF that is not final – as W3C Brazil Office is going to
edit, review and publish it to be launched during a e-gov event in Brasilia
this May (Rufus will be around).

Now we also need to upload the open file to be edited on the web as an "on
going project" – so maybe we can edit an updated portuguese version year.
So, my question: the best way to integrate with you guys should be using
sphinx?

Daniela