[open-government] Research project on Open Government Data

Jo Bates 08978991 at stu.mmu.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 16:13:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a Phd in the field of Open Government Data. I'm
interested in the emergence and development of the OGD initiative in the
UK, and understanding its potential contribution to progressive social
change. Over the last couple of months I have been meeting and speaking
to many people that have been involved in opening up government datasets
in the UK, and will be continuing to do this over the next couple of
months. I'll also be looking at a couple of the mailing lists that
people use to discuss issues around OGD.

I am planning on looking at the discussions on this mailing list, but
would like to check first that people are okay with that. I'll be
looking at the kind of topics that have been discussed, and analysing
discussion and debates around key issues. If anyone would like to
discuss this with me please get in touch.

If you'd like to know more about my research feel free to email, or
there is an overview on my website: http://j0bates.wordpress.com/about

Also, if anyone would like to take part in an interview, or has anything
else they'd like to contribute, please get in touch.

Thanks

Jo

Jo Bates
PhD Candidate
Department of Information and Communications
Manchester Metropolitan University
Email: joanne.d.bates at stu.mmu.ac.uk
Website: j0bates.wordpress.com