[open-government] [euopendata] New film about #opendata

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Apr 13 10:59:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Johnny
> thanks a lot for info,  its interesting background and some of it could be
> attached as metadata for the resource, no?

On the opengovernmentdata.org/film I've deliverately kept this page
very slim so its just the video - and credits to the translators for
all of their hard work (credits to everyone else are in the film - but
we can't add in translator credits retrospectively as this will be an
ongoing process).

>   - since this is your baby, well done for the initiative, and I will watch
> it....

Thanks! I hope you like it. :-)

I'm also hoping to do a 60 second animated short on open government
data - and will definitely ping the open-government list with the
script for feedback/input.

> Yes it will be good to have the raw footage available and also to harness
> the media expertise of participants
> to  self produce information  a variety of materials in relation to their
>  OK and OD activities and projects etc

Yes!

> Maybe more people can do filming and editing and could help you extend your
> capability

That would be amazing. Unfortunately lots of people are very busy -
but all and any small bits of help would be *very* much appreciated.

> It would be good to have a  public 'media library'  too, which journalists
> and media ww can use

Thats the vision! :-)

At the moment this is living on the OKF's Vimeo account, but at some
point I think we want to have media.okfn.org with a media library of
all graphics, source files, film footage, films, sound files, etc.

> so maybe just than rather direct translation, people could cut their own
> local versions of the movies etc

Yes - that would be fantastic! :-)

J.