[open-government] 1st. April joke?

John Wonderlich johnwonderlich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:17:53 UTC 2011

An update on the situation:

The latest budget deal cuts the e-government fund from $34 million per year
to $8 million.  That's far better than the $2M that was initially proposed
by House Republicans, but likely falls short of full egov operations.  It's
likely to pass into law unamended.

For our take, here's yesterday's blog post reiterating my disappointment in
the secretive budget process:

http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2011/04/12/public-cut-out-of-budget-negotiations/

...and here's Sunlight's SavetheData campaign page

http://sunlightfoundation.com/savethedata/