[open-government] [euopendata] Open Data Challenge: what next for open data?

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 20 13:17:56 UTC 2011

I would like to see sustainability of the effort addressed, how can it cover future costs...

phone: +441316502973

Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:

Hi all, As many of you will know, the EU Open Data Challenge is now open for entries, with €20,000 worth of prizes: http://opendatachallenge.org/ I'd like to use this as any opportunity to ask everyone: * What kinds of things do you hope will be entered into the competition? * What kinds of things should be taken in account to help pick the winners? * What kinds of apps/services/etc would you like to see using open data? * Areas of opportunity or potential innovation, where we have not yet seen much activity? * What kinds of problems could open data be used to solve? I'm going to compile a bunch of the snappiest sexiest quotes for the OKF blog on these topics, to inspire people thinking of entering, and - more importantly - to get more people thinking and talking about how we can use open data to do useful interesting stuff. ;-) J. -- Jonathan Gray Community Coordinator The Open Knowledge Foundation http://blog.okfn.org http://twitter.com/jwyg