[open-government] licensing and pricing Geo Data

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Wed Apr 27 19:43:01 UTC 2011

Hi Katleen, all,

Thank you very much for this links. They are very helpful. Let me put my question a bit more radically:

Are there any cases where 'open' licensing and / or pricing at marginal costs have proven to be an enabler for a successful Geo Data market?

My understanding is that Geo Data is one of the areas which have most economic potential and are most locked in at the same time. Both through licenses and prices.

Your comments please!

Regards
Daniel