[open-government] Invitation to TransferSummit 2011: Open Innovation Everywhere

Sander van der Waal sander.vanderwaal at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 16:58:13 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We would like to invite you to our open innovation conference
TransferSummit, 5-8 September in Keble College, Oxford. We have included
a discount code in this email.

This year, TransferSummit will have a stronger government focus, with
a session on the UK Government Open Source Action Plan [1] and a plenary
session by Mark O'Neill [2] on innovating in Government ICT, using open
source and open standards.

TransferSummit provides a forum for members of the academic and
research community and business executives to discuss requirements,
challenges, and opportunities in the use, development, licensing, and
future of open source technology. TransferSummit returns for a second
year to the intimate and atmospheric Keble College, Oxford.

In summary, TransferSummit 2011 features:

* 2 days of training
* 2 day conference across three tracks
* Mobile focus, virtual track
* Government summit
* Hands-on learning and break-out sessions
* Gadget playtime
* Gala dinner
* On-site housing
* Intimate setting, limited to 300 participants
* Open Innovation everywhere!

By attending TransferSummit, attendees will be able to develop a
deeper understanding of the latest thinking and practice in applying
open innovation in software to both projects and commercial activity,
especially in the rapidly-evolving mobile landscape.

Three tracks covering Open Innovation, Open Development and Case
Studies provide a range of choice and in-depth topic coverage. This
year we've added a virtual track allowing easy selection of
mobile-related slots. A new integral government summit provides a
forum for policy makers. For those who like to get hands-on there are
a number of practical sessions and breakouts, plus there are several
innovative gadgets to play with during breaks. Because this is
TransferSummit, numbers are limited to make the most of this intimate
setting and provide excellent networking opportunities.

Dates:
    Training 5, 6 September 2011,
    Conference 7, 8 September 2011
Venue:
    Keble College, Oxford, UK
Registration:
    Visit http://transfersummit.com/registration
	Use the code OSS10 to get a discount on the ticket price

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING DISCOUNT CODES

On the first page select your REGISTRATION TYPE  either Academic
Residential or General Residential (even if you are not staying on
site)

Proceed with registration

On the payment page there is a DISCOUNT CODE box - type in your code
in full caps and select apply. You should see the fees adjust.

Complete your registration by finishing up the payment section

For more information and to register please visit the website:
http://transfersummit.com

We look forward to seeing you at TransferSummit!

Sander van der Waal

[1] http://www.transfersummit.com/programme/1690
[2] http://www.transfersummit.com/programme/1366

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk