[open-government] Fwd: [sunlightlabs] Apps for Communities Deadline is Approaching

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Aug 22 11:55:54 UTC 2011

This looks exciting!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Clay Johnson <clay at clayjohnson.org>
Date: Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Subject: [sunlightlabs] Apps for Communities Deadline is Approaching
To: sunlightlabs <sunlightlabs at googlegroups.com>

Hi All --
The Knight Foundation and the FCC asked me to let you know that
they've announced the judges to their Apps for Communities contest and
that the deadline is coming soon.
The judges are pretty fantastic -- there's Marc Andreesen, who you may
have heard of (he made one of the first Web Browsers and such) --
Newark's mayor Cory Booker -- DonorsChoose.org's Founder Charles Best
-- Brad Feld, Venture Capitalist at the Foundry Group -- Jen Pahlka
the Founder of Code for America, and of course Tom Lee, the man who
took my post as Director of Sunlight Labs after I departed.
It's a great opportunity to get your work in front of some incredible
people. The deadline is on August 31, so make sure to get your entries
in soon!
Here's the link to the contest info: http://appsforcommunities.challenge.gov/
--Clay
--