[open-government] Brazil's Open Data Portal to launch on March 2012, beta version avaliable now

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 18:35:51 UTC 2011

Hi!

I'd like to let you know that in Brazil we are preparing to launch our
Open Data Portal dados.gov.br next March. A beta version, however, is
already available at beta.dados.gov.br. I have just translated the
press release [1][2] about this. What's new about this initiative is
that society's been invited to particiate in building the portal. Our
public ticket tracking system is at http://dev.dados.gov.br/tarefas/
and the code repository is at http://dev.dados.gov.br/codigo/ .

One of the main tasks we need done before the March 2012 launch
deadline is writing a custom theme [3] for CKAN, so if you can help
with that, we would be very grateful! We had already done that for
CKAN version 1.4, but then decided to upgrade to CKAN 1.5 and had to
start over.

If you'd like to know more about this open participation process,
please see a previous post [4] on the OKFn blog which had a call for
participation. We'd like to do another one in the future reporting our
experience with this model.

As the process is open, we also welcome any comments, suggestions or
critics you might have. BTW, the open data project documentation is
also open for everyone to see [5] (but is in portuguese only).

[1] http://www.planejamento.gov.br/noticia.asp?p=not&cod=7938&cat=94&sec=7
[2] http://softwarelivre.org/dados-abertos/blog/ministry-of-planning-launches-preview-of-open-data-portal
[3] http://dev.dados.gov.br/tarefas/ticket/34
[4] http://blog.okfn.org/2011/06/09/sprint-for-brazilian-data-catalogue-dados-gov-br/