[open-government] Study on UK local government data purchases (source for the 70% intra-gov purchases figure)?

Romain Lacombe romain.lacombe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:15:03 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Our best wishes from France for the new year! May it see many more public
data sets come online, and be even more inspiring than 2010 has been.

I remember that an attendee at OGDCamp (this past november in London) quoted
a study of data sales at the local government level in the UK. It showed
that about 70% of the revenue from such sales was coming out of the pockets
of other parts of government (central, other local govs, QUANGOs etc.).

Would any of you know the source for this study? Is it accessible online? I
haven't been able to find it unfortunately. I would happily welcome a little
bit of help.

Thanks a lot,

Romain Lacombe

--