[open-government] Good News - Update from Knight News Challenge - http://PublicMeetings.Info in Round Two

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Thu Jan 13 18:14:17 UTC 2011

Hey all, the PublicMeeting.Info proposal has received a round two
request from the Knight News Challenge!

(Also something exciting we have yet to promote is the release of the
report by the eCitizen Foundation that we commissioned - linked from:
http://publicmeetings.info   - Join the online working group to get
involved.

See our Knight round one proposal here:
http://bit.ly/gTmTE5

The additional questions to answer are:
* What tasks/benchmarks need to be accomplished to develop your
project and by when will you complete them? *
* How will you measure progress?: *
* Do you see any risk in the development of your project?: *
* How will people learn about what you are doing?: *
* Is this a one-time experiment or do you think it will continue after
the grant?: *
* In addition to the Knight News Challenge, does your project rely on
other revenue sources? (Choose all that apply):
Advertising Paid Subscriptions Crowd-Funded Earned Income Syndication Other

This is our round two proposal from _last year_:
http://pages.e-democracy.org/Knight_News_Challenge_Public_Meetings_Submission
(We resubmitted when Knight put out a signal that they were looking
for Gov 2.0 ideas)

My general sense about this idea, is that it will require many many
partners to bring public meeting content into the awesomeness of
standardized open data. At the local level almost all "open data" is
about the results of government services and not democratic processes
which can be used to change how things are done not just provide
transparency on what's going right or wrong.

Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org