[open-government] Preliminary meeting of Open Government Partnership, 12th July 2011, Washington DC

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Jul 11 14:48:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Tomorrow there will be a preliminary meeting of stakeholders involved
in a new "Open Government Partnership" in Washington DC. This is a
"multilateral initiative that aims to secure concrete commitments from
governments to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight
corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance."

More information here:

http://fedscoop.com/state-dept-sets-stage-for-international-open-government-partnership/
http://blogs.state.gov/index.php/entries/cwa_open_government/
http://www.state.gov/g/ogp/

As previously mentioned on this list, I hope they get a chance to
discuss the possibility of a set of international open government data
principles, along the lines that we were discussing last week:

http://blog.okfn.org/2011/07/08/we-need-international-open-government-data-principles/

I look forward to hearing more about how it goes!

All the best,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Gray