[open-government] We need international open government data principles

John Wonderlich johnwonderlich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:48:36 UTC 2011

It seems to me that the OGP event next week would be a good place to discuss
the idea, but may not be the ideal place for further refinement of broad
open data principles and guidelines, since it's limited to a few countries,
and based on mutual encouragement for particular governance reforms more
than it's based on the broad collective action involved in standards
creation.

Others more closely involved in the OGP process may feel differently, of
course.