[open-government] [euopendata] We need international open government data principles

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:40:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:13, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:

> I'd really like to try and start a conversation around this again -
> with key stakeholders from around the world.
>
> The key thing in my mind is consensus - rather than new content.

I think this is an excellent idea. As someone working with PSI related
issues I can say that there is a lot of confusion on what open data is
and what it isn't.

Having a formalized definition that can be circulated with
stakeholders and given a certain degree of credibility would help out
a lot. It would also make it possible to compare initiatives between
countries.

Regards,

Peter