[open-government] Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group

Sandro Hawke sandro at w3.org
Wed Jun 8 23:43:46 UTC 2011

There is now a W3C Working Group on Government use of Linked Data. The
group's home page is here:

    http://www.w3.org/2011/gld

The kickoff meeting is in just three week, near Washington D.C.  If you
are interested in participating, please fill out this survey:

   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/gld-sched/

If you expect to attend this meeting (in person or remotely), please
take a serious look at the deliverables in the charter and pick one or
two items on which you'd be willing to give a 10-minute presentation,
helping people understand that topic.  If you can do this, please send
your topic(s) and a few thoughts to the chairs at
team-gld-chairs at w3.org.  Responses within the next week will help us
form the agenda and give us time to give you feedback.

The charter is here:

   http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter

This is important work, which I expect will be very rewarding for
people striving for five-star Government data.

                   - Sandro Hawke, W3C staff contact

(Sorry for the accidental conflict with OKCon.  Scheduling is
hard.  We expect to have another meeting in Europe in the fall.)