[open-government] [euopendata] Civil Society Workshop Before the Next Digital Assembly

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jun 28 14:52:48 UTC 2011

+1 from me.

I think this might go down really well - and could be really useful.
The DAA was the culmination of a set of proposals to the EC at the
Digital Agenda proposers day on a variety of topics. E.g. the open
data bit was run by Share PSI - a broad coalition of stakeholders -
based on a proposal submitted by W3C and ETSI.

The DAA on the whole is intended to let good policy proposals bubble
up from key stakeholders across Europe. I think moves to add breadth
and depth to debates in this area would be heartily welcomed (at least
by Neelie Kroes's team who, I am led to believe, have a strong
participatory vision).

I'd also make sure you're doing all you can to engage through
existing, official channels. I don't know what the plan for next year
is yet, but if they have another DA proposer's day - you should
definitely try and go!

J.