[open-government] Open Data Challenge in Spain: Desafío AbreDatos

David Cabo david at probp.org
Fri Mar 25 11:30:44 UTC 2011

 Hi,

 This is my first post in this list, so I'll introduce myself briefly:
my name is David Cabo and I'm a member of Pro Bono Publico, a spanish
NGO promoting Open Data in Spain. You may have met me in the Open Gov
Data Camp in London.

 We're now organizing the second edition of our Open Data
contest/hackathon: Desafío AbreDatos, which will take place on the
weekend of May 7th-8th. Last year almost 150 people in 50 teams took
part, delivering in only two days 29 applications and getting the
attention of national media such as El País, Público, and La
Información.

 Ton Zijlstra was kind enough to include the event in the EPSI
Platform calendar [1]. We're now looking for sponsors and media
partners, so please spread the news, your help is very welcome.

 regards,

/david

[1]: http://www.epsiplatform.eu/news/news/desafio_abredatos_spanish_open_data_challenge

--