[open-government] What are your questions for opengovernmentdata.org?

Anna Kuliberda anna.kuliberda at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:41:48 UTC 2011

Hi,
Great idea with this FAQ!
I don't know who is the target group, but if it's also public officials or
decision makers, it would be good to let them know about tow following:

1. Open government data regarding freedom of information, freedom of
expression and re-use of public information (or public sector information if
you prefer)

2. All the licensing issues - what to think about before choosing one. Not
necessarily indicate better or worse license, but just pointing out things
to be considered.

And maybe it's too complex but
3. What may be the return of investment from putting money, time and effort
for a release open government data project

And than form an advocate point of view - I meet quite often this question -
"Ok, open data, suer, but please show me change that was done thanks to open
data, just prove it works!". I know it is not a place for such a thing in
FAQ, but actually, it is the most frequently asked question in my case.

And because this is my first time not only lurking - I'm saying hello!
My name is Anna Kuliberda and I work for Polish watchdog NGO who, among
other things, organised first TransparencyCamp in Poland (
http://transparencycamp.pl) in 2010.

regards,
Anna

----
Anna Kuliberda
Stowarzyszenie Liderów Lokalnych Grup Obywatelskich (The Association of
Leaders of Local Civic Groups)
anna.kuliberda at lgo.pl tel. 0048 22 844 73 55
www.sllgo.pl www.informacjapubliczna.org.pl,<http://www.informacjapubliczna.org.pl/>
www.watchdog.org.pl