[open-government] Comprehensive list of Open Government Data initiatives

Nitai Silva nitaibezerra at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:52:27 UTC 2011

Hi Pierre,

As Pedro said, the brazilian open data portal has been built under an open
porticipatory methodology. This could be scored as an open government action
on its own. We are running to get it done until december.
The open data portal is in the action plan, but its part of a wider projetc,
it calls National Open Data Infrastructure. The portal is only the entrance.
Most of energy have been spent on promoting the use of new tecnologies
(linked data, REST API, web semantic, etc) creating an open data service
plataform. We are seing this much more than only budget transparency.

We are very exciting.

[]s
Nitai

at http://dev.dados.gov.br (pt_BR only, sorry).
> []s!
>

> 2011/10/4 Pedro Markun <pedro at esfera.mobi>
>>
>> Hey Pierre,
>> we're currently building up our portal - in a really interesting (and
awesome) dev model with actual code sprints on wich take parts both govt.
developers and civil society devs/hackers. It's still a long way to go...
but I do think that these collaborative approach is worth it's time :)
>> It's indeed part of the OGP things.
>> http://alpha.dados.gov.br/ <http://alpha.dados.gov.br/>
>> I'm ccing Nitai, who works within the goverment and has been pushing this
forward.
>> []'s
>> Pedro Markun
>>
>> 2011/10/4 Pierre Chrzanowski <pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Thank you very much all,
>>> I am surprised not to find any official open data portal for the Brazil,
who are part of the Open Gov Partnership though. Do anyone know about their
plan ? My understding is they are focusing on budget data.
>>> Thanks