[open-government] [ogdcamp] Countries for OGDCamp

Julian Tait julian at futureeverything.org
Wed Oct 12 11:56:17 UTC 2011

There is this pool on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/groups/679193@N25/pool/ Called the Interested Geotagged Videos Pool. People upload video add to the pool and then manually place the video on the map.

People don't need to have a pro account to upload a single video, although if OKFN were doing it you would need a pro Flickr account due to volume.

The concerns are that to view the videos, you will need to have flash installed. Also I'm not too sure how easy it would be to view the videos outside the Flickr environment.

The caveat to all this is I have limited experience of using video on Flickr due to the 90 second restriction although in this instance that shouldn't be a problem

Cheers

Julian

On 12 Oct 2011, at 10:49, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> This sounds great! Do you have an example of a map in action?
>
> If we can get a simple three step mechanism set up for this (create
> short video, upload here, geotag here, done) - then I could blog about
> this, and try and we could try and do a big open data census next week
> to coincide with #ogdcamp! ;-)
>
> J.
>
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Julian Tait
> <julian at futureeverything.org> wrote:
>> Is Flickr too far out. You can upload video max 90 seconds length create a group and geotag it. You can also place photos of participants too.
>>
>> Julian

> Jonathan Gray
>
> Community Coordinator
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://www.okfn.org
>
> http://twitter.com/jwyg

Julian Tait
Open Data Cities and DataGM

M: 44 (0)7802 851 394
Skype: Julianlstar
Twitter: @julianlstar

FutureEverything - Innovation Lab and award winning global festival of art, music and ideas.

http://www.futureeverything.org

Twitter: @FuturEverything
Tag: #futr