[open-government] [euopendata] Open Data Stockholm

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:11:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 14:03, Antti Poikola <antti.poikola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you or someone else from "open stockholm" participating the Open
> Govenment Data -camp in Warsav next week? The finnish delegation would be
> happy to meet the nordic neighbours there.

Unfortunately, no, it collides with other projects I am involved in. I
have sent out information about OGD and hope that someone will be able
to go. Hopefully a representative from the organization that hosted
the Travelhack competition [1] will be able to go. I proposed that
they presented the competition in one of the lightning talks.

Btw, that competition was a bit different from other open data
competitions. Teams had to go through personas (based on research
findings), create a lightweight business plan and got bonus points for
working towards various goals. Since the domain was public transport
that meant that teams were more focused on real problems. Also, end
users could participate with ideas. Data + users + hackers seem to be
a good recipe.

[1] http://travelhack.se

Regards,

Peter

PS. By the end of November I will leave the swedish e-government
delegation to start my own company. Hopefully that will mean more time
to help public sector organizations publish data.