[open-government] Digital Agenda going local: UK

Donatella Solda-Kutzmann donatella.solda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:00:46 UTC 2011

Hi Chris

I sent the email few days ago (when I actually registered to the event),  I
fear my message  didn't reach immediately the list?
Besides the questions formulated online were summed up by the moderator and
addressed to the members of the panel.

Anyway, please be aware there are other events like this planned to run
across the UK, see here
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/cf/daelocal/item-display.cfm?lang=en&id=6999

I'm not aware of any representative from open gov or open data (at least
they don't appear in that capacity in the attendants list)
what I can say is that the speakers are considerately discussing a broad
range of topics,  not only related to digital contents and legal barriers to
access it and reuse it, while  touching various other subjects, including
how to tackle infrastructure issues (broadband, payment systems) and tools
to foster reliability of online trade.
At the moment the debate is around music industry and piracy, and how a
cross border reliable sytem for collecting societies and IPR protection
could improve the situation.

I hope you will be able to take part to the next events in the UK or
elsewhere in Europe. If I get any information on that, I will make sure to
update you promptly.

Best

Donatella

On Tuesday, 25 October 2011, Chris Taggart <countculture at gmail.com> wrote:
> Donatella
> It doesn't really work to tell us about the event on the day itself ;-(
> Also, I'm not sure how many in the open data/open government community are
aware of this, still less been invited. I think it's the first time I've
heard of this. And without this community being central, the process and
outcome won't have an genuine legitimacy.

http://openlylocal.com
> Blog: http://countculture.wordpress.com
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/CountCulture
> 2011/10/22 Donatella Solda-Kutzmann <donatella.solda at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi All
>> [sorry for cross posting]
>>
>> Next meeting of the Digital Agenda local going local will be in London
next week, on the 25th of October, and it will discuss what could be the
EU's role in supporting the creative industry online.

>> As you might already know, the events are structured in a way that
everyone can formulate questions and rate those already posted, and the 10
most voted ones will be discussed during the session.

>> Please post your question(s) and/or forward this message to whom in your
network you believe has an interest in the matter.

https://dae.uservoice.com/forums/136739-uk-what-is-the-eu-s-role-in-supporting-the-creati

>> All the best
>>
>> Donatella
>>

>> --