[open-government] OGD in the IT system procurement cycle

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Mon Oct 31 06:58:10 UTC 2011

On the legal front, I'd disagree. 99% of barriers have been legal and
organizational to date... but as we enjoy greater success the technical
barriers will become more significant. This is certainly true in
Vancouver where there is a team that is quite dedicated to getting data
open, the problem is all the legacy systems which makes it very
difficult (or expensive) to do so.

As we go deeper into the stack on this issue, the barriers will shift,
so getting open data written into procurement policy is critical.