[open-government] Software for Open Data : Drupal?

Neil McEvoy neil at mcevoy.biz
Sun Sep 11 17:38:10 UTC 2011

Hi folks

I'm setting out to design an 'Open Data Hosting' service available from
Cloud providers, and am wondering what the ideal spec for this would be.

I'm wondering if quite simply an install of Drupal would be the best way
to achieve this.

Key features seem to be:

- On-boarding process: Transforming raw data
- Filter and sort: Presentations of the data
- REST API: Programmable access
- Community: Various features for social media collaboration around the data
- E-Commerce: Generate revenues from data-based services

What else do you think?

--
Neil McEvoy
Founder