[open-government] Share-alike

Jonathan Brun jbrun at jonathanbrun.com
Fri Sep 16 21:19:19 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I am at MontrealOuvert.net and we are happy to announce that Montreal will soon have an open-data policy and portal. Generally speaking, it looks very promising, however, they are planning to include a Share-alike clause in the licence.

While we have some reservations about this, we would like your help to formulate an argument on why this is not ideal. Please send us comments, links and other information as soon as possible as the city is looking to move fast.

Many thanks,

Jonathan
MontrealOuvert.net