[open-government] Starts today - Participate in the National Dialogue on Improving US Federal Gov Websites - Sept 19-30

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Mon Sep 19 16:53:01 UTC 2011

From: Lisa Nelson (XCI) <lisa.nelson at gsa.gov>
Date: Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Subject: Invitation to Participate in the National Dialogue on
Improving Fedeal Websites

NATIONAL DIALOGUE FOR IMPROVING FEDERAL WEBSITES

Please join me in participating in an exciting initiative that starts
today:  The National Dialogue on Improving Federal Websites.  The
Dialogue is a nationwide, two-week online conversation with web
experts and the public to generate ideas for re-inventing how the
federal government delivers information and services online.  It's
part of the larger .gov Reform Initiative launched earlier this summer
by the White House and the U.S. General Services Administration.

The dialogue will launch today, Monday, Sept. 19 at 2 pm ET and run
until Friday, Sept. 30.  You'll be able to access it at:
http://www.usa.gov/webreform/dialogue.shtml

The purpose is to allow people to submit and vote on ideas for
improving various aspects of improving federal websites, such as:
content, search, usability, accessibility, social media, multilingual
content, and online services.   The .gov Task Force will review the
ideas and consider them as they develop a National Web Strategy and
make recommendations for streamlining federal websites, strengthening
federal web policy, and improving citizens'  experience with federal
websites.

I know you have a goldmine of ideas, so I hope you'll actively
participate in the discussion and share your expertise and knowledge.
We want to hear what's working well, what can be improved, innovative
ways to rethink the federal web, and specific examples you have from
your industry or organization.

Although the focus is on federal websites, we'd love to get the
perspective of all of you in state and local government too, since
many of the challenges andopportunities are the same.

You can also follow comments about the dialogue on Twitter under the
hashtag  #dotgov.

Please share with your networks and encourage your friends and
colleagues to take part in this important conversation

--
Lisa Nelson
Research and Strategic Partnerships