[open-government] Research on Open Government mailing list

Jo Bates 08978991 at stu.mmu.ac.uk
Mon Sep 26 13:46:10 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I emailed the Open Government mailing list in April to tell you about
some research that I am doing for a PhD on the emergence and development
of the open government data initiative in the UK
(http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/open-government/2011-April/001036.html).

As part of my research I am looking at contributions to this mailing
list. I'll be analysing the kind of topics that have been discussed, who
is contributing to the discussion, and some of the discussion and
debates around key issues.

I emailed in April to check that list members are okay with me
undertaking this analysis of the list, but I thought I'd email again in
case any of you missed the first message. If anyone would like to
discuss this with me, or if you'd like to know more about my research,
please get in touch.

Thanks
Jo

Jo Bates
PhD Candidate
Department of Information and Communications
Manchester Metropolitan University
Email: joanne.d.bates at stu.mmu.ac.uk