[open-government] Software for Open Data : Drupal?

Neil McEvoy neil at mcevoy.biz
Mon Sep 12 10:38:34 UTC 2011

Thanks Rufus, this seems to be exactly what's needed.

My goal is to host it locally in Canada, so that it's entirely tailored
for the government's needs here. I presume it's quite straight forward to
install and operate?

Once installed, is it possible to simply start contacting Government
agencies and offering them a facility to integrate and host their data in
this environment?

I presume most of the heavy lifting would be in identifying, extracting
and transforming the data...

Many thanks again,

Neil.