[open-government] Help requested: open company data survey

Chris Taggart countculture at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 08:13:20 UTC 2012

In advance of the Open Government Partnership meeting in Brasilia, we're
putting together a survey of OGP countries to see how open their company
registers are in order to use the OGP meeting to push for widening access
to this critical dataset.

We're asking for help from the open government and open data communities in
doing this, and filling in the survey should take no more than 5 minutes,
including researching the information. In particular we're collecting
information on whether you can access the company register without
restrictions, whether you can access the information as data and whether
there is an explicit open licence. We're then scoring the jurisdictions.

It's made slightly more complicated as the US and Canada have regional
level registers, but we're going to combined those to get an overall score.

All the data will be published under an open licence together with the
methodology and the final report. The only problem is this needs to be done
quickly (i.e. over the next couple of days) due to OGP timing requirements.

To help all ou need to do is:

1) Go to http://bit.ly/opencompanydatasurvey

2) Choose a jurisdiction (ideally one with zero or 1 responses), and click
on the link to fill in the form for that jurisdiction

3) Fill in form

4) Er, that's it
Many thanks

Chris Taggart
Co-founder, OpenCorporates
OpenCorporates :: The Open Database of the Corporate World
http://opencorporates.com
OpenlyLocal :: Making Local Government More Transparent
http://openlylocal.com
Blog: http://countculture.wordpress.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CountCulture