[open-government] Open Data Index -- Re: [euopendata] sneak preview: OGD & OGP debate program finalized

Jose M. Alonso josema at webfoundation.org
Mon Aug 20 17:07:06 UTC 2012

Daniel, all, thanks for your hard work on this. It looks very interesting. I'm specially interested in the session about standards as Martin, Rufus and many others know. This subject is very close to my heart and I promise to make the discussion interesting at the very least ;)

On another note, I'm not sure if there's still room in the agenda for sth else but I'd like to propose sth that I think could be cool and could fit as the opening of #Part II: the Open Data Index, a look at 60+ countries' Open Data initiatives. This is part of the Web Foundation's Web Index [1] that will launch in early September. I think the event in Helsinki is a very nice opportunity to launch this sub-index piece. What do you think?

Cheers,
Josema.

[1] http://www.webfoundation.org/projects/the-web-index/

ps: I'm sorry I'm talking about this so late but I was not sure we could have it ready on time for the OKFestival.

--

Jose M. Alonso
Program Manager, Open Data
email: josema at webfoundation.org