[open-government] Transparency International: Does open data make development more accountable? The case of Colombia

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:59:31 UTC 2012

It is an interesting question!  I would say sometimes, and it depends on
who is mobilized around the information being disseminated, as the
information on its own cannot bring forward much change.

http://blog.transparency.org/2012/12/13/does-open-data-make-development-more-accountable-the-case-of-colombia/

Lisa Parks critically discusses this further here - *Digging into Google
Earth: An analysis of ‘‘Crisis in Darfur”*, Geoforum 40 (2009) 535–545
*Abstract:*

--
Tracey P. Lauriault
Post Doctoral Fellow