[open-government] new Open Data Policy Guidelines

María Baron mbaron at directoriolegislativo.org
Mon Jul 2 09:39:59 UTC 2012

Thanks John, this is perfect for our situation in Argentina.

As you may know we have created a working group between the president of
the lower house and four organizations. We have met four times already and
our first phase is to formalize the working group through an MOU signed by
both sides. This MOU which should state what exactly Orgs want them to make
public and -we hope- in what format. They are going to share the first
draft for comment this week and have asked us to include everything we want
(but we do not want to push it that much).

As you know, too, our Congress has not been very colaborative in the past
20 years (!) or more even. Within the Latin American Network for
Legislative Transparency we have created a Legislative Transparency INdex
and have measured the state of openness in the five Congresses. Argentina
has come out last or close to last in all 33 variables. Please see a short
video we are working
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIpS-ndfuk&feature=youtu.be>on that
illustrates the situation.

So, thanks a lot again.