[open-government] WD 19 (was: Re: Call in 10 minutes!)

JOSEFSSON Erik erik.josefsson at europarl.europa.eu
Fri Jun 8 23:10:24 UTC 2012

I'm sorry I was not on the conference call. Among other things, I would
heave liked to push for this:

    *Written declaration on open and collaborative government
    (**0019/2012) *****
    Date opened : 09-05-2012
    Lapse date : 13-09-2012
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-%2f%2fEP%2f%2fNONSGML%2bWDECL%2bP7-DCL-2012-0019%2b0%2bDOC%2bPDF%2bV0%2f%2fEN
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/written-declarations.html

It says among other things that the European Parliament

    */Asserts that public sector information is a public good and must
    be freely available and permanently accessible online in a
    machine-readable, searchable and current format, consistent with
    personal data protection and national security interests;/*

The number of signatories is unfortunately *only 43* as of last week.
And with a lapse date of 13 September, I'd say there is a risk it won't
reach the necessary number of signatories unless there is an effort to
remind MEPs they should sign.

I'd say that if there are 200 registered MEP signatures before the
summer break it will be possible to reach the required 378 during the
first two weeks of September.

Otherwise it will be difficult.

I'm happy to help.

//Erik

Here's the EP's calendar so that you see what I'm talking about:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/pdf/general/cal2012.pdf