[open-government] Open Data/Government Academic Journals

McGibbney, Lewis John Lewis.McGibbney at gcu.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 14:06:20 UTC 2012

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I've been monitoring this list for a number of months, have been cherry picking the numerous resources that have appeared over time and now wish to post a specific call for discussion, regarding emerging and already established academic journals focusing on the area of open government data.
As we are all aware, the domain has witnessed a surge of interest over recent years, driven overwhelming by various hot topics within IT (amongst others).

I'm intentionally leaving this thread open ended, you will notice that I haven't yet provided any of my own suggestions, simply because I am coming from a construction orientated angle (of which there is very very little regarding open government data and initiatives currently published) so a rounded opinion from the community would be really great.

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions and conversation go'ers.

Kind Regards

Lewis

Lewis John McGibbney BSc (Hons), ICIOB, GCInstCES
PhD Researcher Informatics in Design and Construction
School of Engineering and Built Environment
Glasgow Caledonian University
0141 331 8420
lewis.mcgibbney at gcu.ac.uk

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html