[open-government] [UNCLASSIFIED] New Open Data User Group - recruiting for role of Chair

Johnsen, Tord - Cabinet Office Tord.Johnsen at cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk
Thu Mar 22 15:15:11 UTC 2012

New Open Data User Group announced on Monday with job ad for the role of Chair. All the information about both can be found on the Cabinet Office website here:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/content/open-data-user-group

In short, the Cabinet Office is setting up an Open Data User Group (ODUG) to support the work of the new Data Strategy Board (DSB). The ODUG will advise the Data Strategy Board on public sector data that should be prioritised for release as open data, to the benefit of the UK. We are currently recruiting for a chair for the group (job ad here: http://t.co/8DhDrRuP). This is a paid position and will be a high profile role within the UK open data community - the person will need to be able to highlight the opportunities available as well as building consensus about what to release for free. Deadline for applications is 5th April. Anyone who is interested in being a member of the group should email Tord Johnsen - tord.johnsen at cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk<mailto:tord.johnsen at cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk>.

We're also running an online engagement exercise at the moment to get ideas on how the ODUG should be run, which is here: http://t.co/beqX3Phd. We're really keen to co-design this process as the group should be co-owned by the community in order to be successful.

Tord Johnsen
Senior Policy Advisor, High Value Data
Transparency Team | Efficiency and Reform Group | Cabinet Office | 020 7271 1392 | Blackberry: 07795 060649 | W2, 4th Floor, 1 Horse Guards Road, London SW1A 2HQ

www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk<http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk>

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.

This footnote also confirms that our email communications may be monitored to ensure the secure and effective operation of our systems and for other lawful purposes, and that this email has been swept for malware and viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.