[open-government] Fwd: W3C Workshop on Open Data

Tim Davies tim at timdavies.org.uk
Mon Mar 12 10:26:02 UTC 2012

I was considering putting in a position paper on the 5 Stars of Open Data
Engagement model: (
http://www.timdavies.org.uk/2012/01/21/5-stars-of-open-data-engagement/).

Perhaps it would be useful to put some of the workshop questions around
this list, so that even if only a small number of people are going, the
insights from members of open-government are fed in.

The specific focus of the workshop on use of data, rather than
production/publishing is, I think a really useful one to stimulate
discussion.

Tim

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Daniel Dietrich
<daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>wrote:

> FYI - anyone going?
>
> Daniel
>
> Begin forwarded message:

> > From: Phil Archer <phila at w3.org>
> > Subject: W3C Workshop on Open Data
> > Date: 12. März 2012 10:10:43 MEZ
> > To: "eGov IG (Public)" <public-egov-ig at w3.org>
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > In case you missed it, we announced a workshop relevant to eGovernment
> last week:
> >
> > Using Open Data:  policy modeling, citizen empowerment, data journalism
> > 19 - 20 June 2012, European Commission Headquarters, Brussels
> >
> > It's very much about uses of data, not the publishing of it. I hope it
> will be of significant interest to the IG!
> >
> > Details at http://www.w3.org/2012/06/pmod/
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Phil.
> >
> > --