[open-government] May 16 Online Event, Inclusive Online Neighbor Connecting Evaluation Report

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Wed May 2 16:42:53 UTC 2012

You might already know about the second item, but please
check out the first item released today. Join us on May 16 online. -
Thanks, Steve

Two very exciting things to announce:

1. Inclusive Social Media - 60 Page Evaluation Report Released, Online
Event:

         Details: http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/1420

         May 16 Online Event:  http://inclusivesocialmedia.eventbrite.com

2. New Inclusive Community Engagement Online project launched:

        Public Campaign (St. Paul start):  http://beneighbors.org

        Details: http://e-democracy.org/inclusion

While we announced our new $625K grant in Minnesota, we wanted to
package it up with our finalized in-depth evaluation of our inclusive
online community forum work in lower income, highly diverse, high
immigrant neighborhoods before reaching out widely. The evaluation
report is full of "aha" details for anyone seriously hoping to use
online tools to connect people beyond those "who already show up." We
figure globally 100 folks will really read the evaluation cover to
cover and we want at least 10 of you to join us for an in-depth
discussion of its findings on May 16.

The new three year Knight Foundation funded initiative not only
includes going deep and inclusive with 10,000 ~daily participants in
St. Paul, it also includes active lesson sharing across as many
communities as are interested.

We will be doing "free" lesson sharing (and peer to peer learning as
we have a lot to learn ourselves) initially via the "Locals Online"
community of practice which has over 300 members who already connect
local people online. Join us:

   http://e-democracy.org/locals

We are also considering webinars, e-trainings, and in-depth outreach
assistance services for interested partners late 2012/2013 forward.
Per the grant, Knight Communities are pre-paid so to speak (lesson
sharing, a few possible site visits, etc.):
http://pages.e-democracy.org/Knight_communities - So let us know -
team at e-democracy.org - if you live in one of those Knight cities and
want to help spread "how to" lessons on both inclusive community
engagement online and online neighbor connecting in your area.

We of course are interested connecting with any local effort - be it
community foundation funded, volunteer-led, institutionally-based,
etc. -  seeking to build _inclusive_ community engagement online.
Please get in touch: team at e-democracy.org

This summer we will be extremely busy with our diverse outreach team -
http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/1412 - in field recruiting thousands
of new members one at a time. (Yes, the secret to inclusion online is
the paper sign-up sheet at diverse community events.) So, if you want
to get involved now, join our Projects online group and offer up your
services: http://e-democracy.org/projects  In 2013 and beyond we will
be adding some next generation online engagement experiments and ramp
up our lesson sharing and work with other interested communities.
Plant the seed now!

Thanks,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org