[open-government] New brazilian Open Data portal dados.gov.br, made by citizens

Nitai Silva nitai.silva at planejamento.gov.br
Mon May 21 14:19:45 UTC 2012

Hi Fabio,

It's an interesting question. We work at the Secretary of Information
Technology and Logistic of the Ministry of Planning. Our Secretary is the
central agency of a system, Called SISP, that includes almost all the IT
bodies in the federal government. So, we are responsible for the
standardization and regulation of everything concerned to IT in the federal
government.

I can list a large set of agencies: General Secretary of Presidency, IBICT,
INEP, DataPrev, Serpro, Datasus, IBGE, IPEA, Federal Police, etc...
Nevertheless, we prefer to highlight the social participation. Even when
the agency was not interested in the project, there was many public
servants by their own will interested in participating.

Best regards,
--
Nitai Bezerra da Silva
Open Data Team