[open-government] Best Transparency Sites

Mitton, David DavidMitton at liberata.com
Wed May 30 11:39:38 UTC 2012

Looking through some of the links from the recommendations given, there is reference to the need to use established coding conventions e.g. IATI.

I am building a 'Context' for Open Spending (a group of useful reference data in the shape of code lists), that will support these initiatives. Having all this information available in one place and downloadable in XML and SKOS will surely help.  I would appreciate input from the group with regard to suitable code lists e.g. ISO-3166 country codes, Budget and currency codes that would aid Open Spending and Anti Corruption development. As part of the build the codes will be validated and taken back to source to ensure they are up to date. Where appropriate, I will build mapping between codes e.g. variants of location codes and then publish the context for free re-use. With the aid of mappings to support translation the data should be much easier to analyse.

Please help me help you.

Thanks

David