[open-government] Fwd: {Disarmed} Re: v1.0 of our Open Data Hackathon How To Guide

Antti Poikola antti.poikola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 12:15:46 UTC 2012

Thanks a lot for forwarding,
(I suppose that from now on I will receive the [open-government] -list
mails again)

I agree with Michael Saunby that there is lot's of good things in
hacathons, app contests and similar other events, but I also believe
that by sharing our knowledge we can make those events even better and
more impactful.

I am compiling together with Frank Kresin from the Waag Society
(Amsterdam) a short paper with working title: "Innovation Contests for
Open Data Re-use". The paper be published on-line at the European Public
Sector Information -portal http://epsiplatform.eu/ , and it is also part
of Apps for Europe 2013 -planning. The motivation behind the paper is to
gather insights from the contest organizers so that we can learn from
each others and design better and more sustainable models for boosting
the innovation around open data.

For that reason we launched today a survey for the Apps Contest
organizers. Depending on how deeply you decide to answer the survey will
take some 5-20 minutes to fill in. I truly hope that those of you who
have been organizing a App Contests could take the time and share some
of your insights. The survey can be found from here
http://bit.ly/apps_contest_survey (feel free to spread the link to right
people)

Best regards,
Antti Poikola
--
+358 44 337 5439 <tel:%2B358%2044%20337%205439>
about.me/apoikola <http://about.me/apoikola>

--
+358 44 337 5439
about.me/apoikola <http://about.me/apoikola>