[open-government] Legal issues of linked data-different from open data?

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Nov 2 19:59:43 UTC 2012

Hi Maria,
At 10:55 02-11-2012, María Täng Palma wrote:
>I will be looking at this more closely, so I
>might try ask again. If anyone else comes up
>with more information, it will be very wellcome.
>There isn't much out there about the linked data legal issues.

This comment is not legal advice.  There is an EU
directive about privacy.  One approach would be
to treat all data as personal data unless you can
distinguish with absolute certainty that the data
correspond to users that cannot be
identified.  It's difficult to get a clear answer
as it depends on the data set and what you are doing with it.

Regards,
-sm