[open-government] open data day 2012

Sameer Vasta svasta at marsdd.com
Mon Nov 5 18:16:25 UTC 2012

Thanks, David, for including me on this thread.

Personally, and here at Data Catalyst, we're pretty excited about Open Data Day and how we can be involved — particularly around content and promotion.

More specifically, I think we'd love to host some discussions around the use of open data to spur both community innovation and commercial innovation. Since our work here focuses on how people use data and how data is used in the innovation economy, we'd be happy to host some discussions (online and off) about community and commercial use.

We'd be happy to use our site to promote Open Data Day and host some of those discussions, as well as contribute to other discussions happening on OpenDataDay.org and wherever else. As for timing, I think early next year would be best from a timing standpoint, but we could definitely make it happen in December if the community decides that date is best.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes together. If there is interest in having discussions about the role of open data in community and commercial innovation as part of Open Data Day, please do keep us in mind.

In the meantime, I'll start doing some prep about how else we can get involved; please do keep me in the loop as to the plans and how I can help.

Sameer
--
Sameer Vasta / Public Policy and Communications / MaRS Data Catalyst
647.969.2782 / svasta at marsdd.com / http://datacatalyst.marsdd.com