[open-government] Fwd: [sunlightlabs] Join Code for America's Race for Reuse!

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Oct 19 17:47:21 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lauren Dyson <lauren at codeforamerica.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Subject: [sunlightlabs] Join Code for America's Race for Reuse!
To: sunlightlabs at googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

The Code for America Brigade just launched the Race for
Reuse<http://brigade.codeforamerica.org/pages/race-for-reuse>-- a new
kind of app contest, where the goal isn't to build something new;
instead, we want folks to take advantage of the applications for engagement
already out there, stand them up fast, and then "race" to get real users
engaging with the tools.

Here’s how it will work:

   - Launch one of four featured apps in your city by Election Day, and
   earn an advertising budget to promote adoption in your community.
   - Reach your target for adoption, and earn a year of free hosting to
   sustain the civic engagement tool you’ve deployed.
   - Achieve these milestones by Thanksgiving Day, and we’ll throw you a
   party in your city to celebrate.

We've got four apps you can compete with (Textizen, Adopta, LocalWiki, and
Shareabouts), and resources to help you get started. The deadline to launch
your app for the competition is November 6!

Check out more detail on the applications, and join the race here:
http://c4a.me/cfa-r4r

--
Lauren Dyson
Community Coordinator