[open-government] Colombia

Chris Taggart countculture at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:32:46 UTC 2012

Carlos

Many thanks.

OpenCorporates is the largest open database of companies in the world (a
sort of Open Street Map for companies) and we have been looking at the
Colombian company register to see if we could get it into OpenCorporates,
and also perhaps pull in the contract information to and match it up with
companies.

We're particularly interested in doing this as we are working with the
World Bank on it's Open Contracting programme, and this would be a useful
step in the development of that programme.

What we're trying to find is someone who is familiar with the Colombian
company information. Would you know anyone who can help?

Chris Taggart
Co-founder

OpenCorporates :: The Open Database of the Corporate World
http://opencorporates.com
Blog: http://blog.opencorporates.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenCorporates

OpenCorporates is published by Chrinon Ltd, a company dedicated to
improving and publishing public data under an open licence that allows and
encourages reuse, including commercially. Registered in England, number
07444723.