[open-government] More than eightly formats for open

McGibbney, Lewis John Lewis.McGibbney at gcu.ac.uk
Sat Sep 8 10:08:37 UTC 2012

Hi neeta,

If you get on to the OASIS site you may find a working group already dedicated to open data exchange (and therefore representation).

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/

hth

Lewis
------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 13:35:08 +0530
From: neeta <neeta at nic.in>
Subject: [open-government] More than eightly formats for open
        government data
To: "open-government at lists.okfn.org" <open-government at lists.okfn.org>

I have done a small study to understand the kind of data formats acceptable
by different govt  data portals worldwide..
and was surprised to find that there are more than 80 formats..(excel sheet enclosed for details)

while i understand, it is possible to convert many of these formats from one to other
still it is a kind of inconvenience or an extra effort !

should we not work towards some sort of standardization or atleast shorten the list of data formats
may be within ten?

--
neeta verma
senior technical director