[open-government] Notes from WG call 6th September

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sun Sep 9 10:13:30 UTC 2012

Hi all,

notes from WG call 6th September
details in: http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/call

# Agenda

1. We discussed the new project at the OKFN to create the "Open Government Data timeline". The aim of the project is to get an overview of what is happening with release of open government data around the world (and initiatives related to it)
See more at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ji2pifZYSggdgp0Pe8s_vFNrZIvrgwB1OhYz0AdkGsc/edit#"

ACTION: Daniel Dietrich to announce and disseminate the OGD timeline.

2. We then briefly discussed issues with UK Open Government License. Jim Wretham from the national archives joined briefly but unfortunately tech issues intervened.

ACTION: Andrew Stott to follow up the discussion with National Archives and report back.

3. Review of a German OGD license. Daniel requested assistance in reviewing a Germany specific license. All agreed to assist as needed.

ACTION: Daniel to send german OGD draft license to OD advisory council for review as soon as it is available

4. Discussion of revision to Open Definition as per Mike Linksvayer's proposal. See pad. Agreed on this.

ACTION: Mike Linksvayer to write up a brief explanation of reason for this new clause with reference to existing licenses where this has been issue.

5. Kenyan OGD license compliance with OD. Daniel did contact them 15th August but no replay. Discussion on how we are doing on reaching out, following up with non compliant licenses issues. Agreed we could do much better and that it is important to track this and to publicly document our concerns and attempts.

ACTION: Daniel to follow up Kenya OGD license compliance
ACTION: Daniel to create document (spreadsheet?) of people we have contacted on license compliance and any response.
ACTION: Daniel + Mike: blog post about update and possibly (separate) re non-conformant licenses.

There is also an action with no name associated with it:

ACTION: Who? EFF OAL move on website (from non-comformant to comformant-historical)

Who was going to do that?

6. Discussion of new Indian Open Data Catalog

Thats it! Or did I miss anything?

# Next call

* When: Thursday, 4th October at 16:00 UTC / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST
* Strict limit to one hour
* Where: Skype
* Back channel: #okfn IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
* Chair: Daniel Dietrich (Skype: ddie22)

Pad for note taking: http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/call

# PARTICIPANTS
* Daniel Dietrich (Skype: ddie22)
* Name (Skype: ID)
* ...

To participate please add your name and Skype ID to the pad!

All the best
Daniel

--
Daniel Dietrich
Open Data evangelist; Open Knowledge Foundation

www.ddie.me
twitter.com/ddie
+49 176 327 685 30