[open-government] More than eightly formats for open government data

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou b.ooghe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:45:43 UTC 2012

ISO standard does not mean open. One simple rule to determine openness
IMHO should be : public specs + non-proprietary, therefore not OOXML,
as it was perfeclty exposed into the open standard definition proposed
by the European commission
<http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/3761/5845.html>.

Benjamin

PS: >> and can we stop calling xlsx a closed format, please?
Can we please take a look at this and find answers to why in hell we
would want to use a format that destroys the quality of the data
anyway ?
http://ooxmlisdefectivebydesign.blogspot.fr/